Tuesday, August 25, 2009

ESL Starts Fires????

One of the silliest things I've seen recently are some emails being sent to me that originated from message boards that claim "ESL technology starts fires after 4+ hours of continuous use".

I will make sure and advise our manufacturing plant of this phenomenon since the plant has been burning hundreds of prototypes of our ESL technology for months. I can also advise that in the Marketing Department (where we have had prototype ESL units burning on and off for over 12 months now) the only time we have almost had a fire was when an arc burnt through the ballast of a CFL bulb in our inventory and actually burned ME before I could get it unscrewed from the socket.

For the record - there have been no instances of ESL starting a fire. Also, no ESL prototypes exist outside of Vu1 facilities. If you hear anything different - consider it fiction.